Monday, November 09, 2020

Daily Notes- November 9th


Our household is rolling with snacks and cake these days.  Sugar Vitamins.  Today was grocery day  and I got several cold roasted turkey breasts.  Rolled them in heavy duty foil and into the freezer.  We'll thaw one out and heat and serve it the week of Thanksgiving and G's Birthday.  He was born on Thanksgiving Day way back when- olden days.  And I have the makings of Pumpkin Pie- which makes him happier than cake.  I wanted to get all this ahead of time ...in case.  Things go sideways pretty quickly in a Pandemic.

Biden gave a very nice speech a few minutes ago about doing a kindness for yourself and your family, neighbors and friends...even for strangers.  Wear a mask.  Not as a political statement.  As a Kindness. While he was speaking we got to see Trump playing golf. Husband said his swing was terrible.

The entire left elbow area of my charcoal grey sweater (which I am wearing) is one large hole.  I must be hard on my left elbow. I have two solutions.  One is some black wool for a patch or I can remove the left pocket from the sweater and patch with that.  First I have to see exactly how much territory the hole covers.  My patch needs to be wider all around so it holds.  Until next time.

I fit in here in Maine.  So many very very old family money people live here in Maine and wear threadbare but very excellent clothing.  Perfectly tailored suits from the 40's.  Cashmere moth eaten sweaters. Pearls with gardening clothes. Linen everything. Designer silk scarves from the 60's and 70's.  I'm not old family money. But I like the good old stuff.  Pearls for the grocery store?  Next week.

Daughter ventured into JoAnn's and got me potholder batting.  Next door the discount store had chocolate shortbread dog shaped cookies .  She texted to see if I would like some.  I would.  I will get them on Christmas Day and not a second prior. I think maybe Riley had something to do with them being available.  It's almost the one year anniversary of his passing.  It's on the calendar. I couldn't find any last year.

Daughter now at Goodwill and she found a very sweet white wicker- two chairs and a table for Muffy's household.  We had a set but they got misplaced and we have looked and looked for them.  Fate? so I set her to look for a soft small sized black or charcoal wool sweater to use as the donor for patches on this sweater I am wearing.  Muffy now has five chairs- she can have a doll sized party.  Evenly spaced.  And with masks.  For Kindness.  To Others.


1 comment:

Liz A said...

be kind ... surely each and every one of us can do that at least