Saturday, November 28, 2020

Daily Notes- November 28- Happy Birthday Husband


Well, here we are- on a cold dark wet Saturday.  Daughter has my car.  Friend is driving to Boston for an overnight care visit with 102 year old father but before she set out she dropped off a birthday card and some candy for husband.  

And my word for today "try".

Try.  Something new?  Something different?  To be kinder?  Try harder?

I brought the cross the street neighbor's paper up to her porch this morning when I got our paper.   That was before I pulled my word.  But perhaps my inner self knew what word I was pulling out of the jar before I did.

I am also thinking of making the new pattern of mask out of already quilted fabric. Making it stiffer so it doesn't cling to my nose and mouth when I breathe.  Asthmatic Breathing.  Seeing if any oxygen will get thru- it will most likely not.  Get thru.  But I will give the idea a TRY.

I also stitched a piece of zip tie into another mask to see if it would keep the mask from touching daughter's face all day.  She breathes like me.  Sucking the mask into our faces.

I am also going to TRY to always have a mask in my pocket in case a neighbor passes by when I am out to get mail etc.  So we can feel okay about having a few sentences with each other without spreading germs. Because we all NEED to have small conversations with each other.

Daughter came and ate some of the leftovers and took home a baked Buttercup Squash.  And I hope I got the spice quotient correct this time.  She likes spice but not heat.  So I tried to make an interesting spice mixture to warm in butter and then baste the cut edges of the squash before baking.  In the past I had also filled the cavity with cheese and heavy cream.  Then baked.

I have a new book to read.  The Unhoneymooners.  Two people in the wedding party (who do not like each other at all) are the only two people at a wedding who do not get food poisoning at the wedding reception and they HAVE to use the non refundable honeymoon package. Let the fun begin.......

1 comment:

Liz A said...

love your calendar doodle