Sunday, November 29, 2020

Daily Notes- November 29th


The Word for today- out of the Jar Of Words.  I see a theme here.  But this gives me a topic to write and think about but perhaps not here in the Notes.  A sort of Advent Calendar.

Forgive.  Forgive the trespasses of others.  That's part of a prayer I think.  I'll work on that on the Washing Machine Pages. I have a load of laundry to do..

That's not Daily Notes material.  Husband had a very nice Birthday.  Phone calls.  Cards. Turkey leftovers and pumpkin pie with a huge pile of whipped cream.  It was all good.  Our sister in law called from Wisconsin.  To say Happy Birthday and to thank me for the beautiful card I sent.  It was just a card  I sent  to her- but to have us remember- well, that was what she was saying was beautiful.

Just a Thanksgiving Card but so much more as we remembered the passing of his brother, her husband and my brother in law. A lovely person.  A black bear he "carved" with a chain saw- but so delicately that the little bear eyes look up at us and he seems so peaceful and content.  The  Goddess sits on top of an old table (nearby on the same porch) Roger gave us.  Memories of him everywhere and all the very best kind. His birthday the 17th and mine the 18th.  I often think my husband married me because I reminded him of his brother.

I am not nearly as nice.

Football today.  Not sure what supper will be.  But plenty of food in the fridge.  Even Chinese leftovers- I made extra rice and could fry some Potstickers for husband.  Yes, I'll do that.  I didn't think ahead to thawing a ball of pizza dough for Sunday Football Pizza.  Not that the games are any good.  Too many injured players and.......well, the games are often one sided these days.  Patriots at 1pm.  I am pretty certain they will lose.  Tampa Bay later in the day.  50% chance they win. Perhaps that is too optimistic?

1 comment:

Liz A said...

some of my favorite meals are leftovers ...