Saturday, June 02, 2018

Happiness is.......Sunshine and Cool Breezes


I really like this chair.  Tall and leggy.   And the design here worked.  A combo of pen and pencil.

The Botanist hauled the two figs and the ficus down the stairs and out to the asphalt in front to the garage.  Watered. Watered. Watered.  He has determined that all the trees are "green" and therefore alive (even though none of them has leaves).  He is usually correct. I remain--on the fence.

I checked my herbs and some animal has eaten half the Parsley plants.  I am not happy.

We did order pizza yesterday and it was delicious.  I even took a chance on a Caesar Salad and hoped the Romaine was safe to eat.  Portland Pie makes great Caesar dressing.

I found a "better" book list of the series I am reading and ordered the three books I didn't know about. they are coming by library loan so--perhaps by Wednesday.  I read a great one (#6) early in the week and last night finished book #2 (series of 9) and I reluctantly found it good.  Not great.

I am planting up our three large display pots today.  One for the back deck and the other two for the front walk.  The big ficus is on the front porch.  All my vintage geraniums got left out over the Winter and died.  So, only one geranium. New.  A pale pink.  I am hoping to get a pot of dahlia (Park Princess) if I am lucky.  My vintage dahlia also were left out to freeze to death.

One of the two peach trees had dozens of blossoms.  The second had ONE blossom.  Last year it had one peach.  The Queen of Plums had tons of blossoms.  The Beach Plums had tons of blossoms. The grapes are sending up shoots.  The Blueberry bushes are covered in buds.  The raspberries have sent up shoots all over the vegetable garden.  Like weeds.  No shoots where they are planted--of course.

Gardening today and then a nice cold gin and tonic in the afternoon.  Large glass.


No comments: