Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Happiness Is--Anything dyed By Deb Lacativa


Especially today.  Another dark cold June day.  Excuse the bits of thread.  I hadn't realized they were there.  The actual bit of cloth is 5 by 3 inches.  The dye colors just glow.  I think of this small cloth as a talisman of sorts.

Yesterday was a very good day.  A visit with my Tomato Growing Guru.  Then a visit to a library friend to see what's a weed and what's not a weed in her perennial beds.  Then off to my former place of employment to buy some plants.  I ended up getting two glow in the dark geraniums that match the glowing magenta in Deb's cloth.   Going to plant them with some variegated but colorful tiny petunias and blue lobelia.

I also purchased some triple phosphate and will be dosing some malingering hydrangea.

I have squares cut.  I have been trying to do work that resembles SpiritCloth but am now realizing--it's not who I am.  Colorwise.  I need to start sewing with more colors.  Brighter.  Vibrant.  I think I may be done with the antique whites and dull beiges.

And I am going to bake a pie today.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Would love it if you'd take a picture of that glow in the dark geranium. I'm so curious.

Deb Lacativa said...

Yep that's the wolf. Now I have to go hunting for the mother cloth to see if there are more of them.