Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Happiness Is.......Eyes


I saw this in a very old Threads magazine.  1980's  And I absolutely WANT to Paint Eyes on one of my shirts now.  The Grocery Store People will love it.  I can make the eyelids a big more red to match the frames on my glasses.  Eyes.  My own--- are a very big thing this year.  Getting my vision correctly balanced.  Being able to READ BOOKS. Sigh, I was on the verge of deep depression regarding my vision.  Seeing is everything to me.  And now things are good.

I was out and about today--earlier than usual for me.  Post office (box for you Connie), library for more brainless summer reading-- Nancy Thayer and her Nantucket books.  There is something to be said for brainless summer reading-- it's like taking a tranquilizer.  Then the grocery store.  For laundry detergent.  I am washing 2 to 3 loads a day.  Mostly shirts and tees.  Towels.  Gardening is dirty work. (G and I got very dirty yesterday afternoon root pruning the old Fig Tree). Then the bank.

I decided to take back the money I earned at the greenhouse.  It gets auto deposited in the joint account--for some reason--and it actually should have gone into my checking account.  It was only the last two deposits (15 hours work) and when the new young summer teller asked if I wanted all 20's I said--" a nice mix of 20's, 10's and 5's, please".  Which took a lonnnng time to figure out.  I mentioned this to G and he just laughed at me.  But the mix the teller gave me was very evenly balanced for which I was very thankful.

I came home from the grocery with a mini watermelon and two avocados.  I had considered the red plums but they are often pretty to look at but not to eat.   Oh, I did get two jugs of detergent. I didn't forget like last time.

It's supposed to rain today.

No comments: