Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Excuse me..Is That Seat Taken?


I am enjoying finding pictures of two chairs--and adding a tag line.  Looked to me like the tall dark chair was interested in the short honey blonde.

I found very fresh pickling cucumbers and a nice fat bunch of dill on my daily run to the grocery.  Also a fat head of garlic (I didn't grow any this year).   Making two quarts of homemade refrigerator pickles.  Old family recipe.  I tinker with it each summer.  Adding vinegar or sugar.  This year I added peppercorns and a bit more sugar.  Peppercorns would not have been in the original recipe.  We never had whole peppercorns in the house when I was growing up.

My mom made jars of these pickles every summer.  We ate them as fast as she made them.  I can remember eating almost everything she made or picked from the garden in the summer.  My dad would stop on the way home from work to buy grocery bags of fresh picked corn on the road by farms.  He also stopped to get my mother buckets of horse manure for her garden.  The car smelled amazing after he got the manure. Not.

I missed the Germany soccer game, I guess.  Right now I have Brazil and Serbia.  There are no listings in the paper of what games are being played when.  But the crowd seems very excited.

My Banana Pudding is good.  That makes me happy.


No comments: