Monday, June 18, 2018

Happiness in about 60 days


Right now things are still in pots.  And some little animals of the night have come and feasted on my seed trays.  So.........I had to surrender and go into work to pick up 3 little pots of yellow squash,  3 zucchini and 3 pickling cukes.  Already up and ready to go.  And they looked great.

The "college girls" (how I love them) now know I have a blog and promised to come visit. Hey, Girls!!!   Work is slow and they are all bored--just like I used to be.

And--I surprised G and went and pumped my own gas.  It was a bit confusing and I may have pressed buttons I shouldn't have...but I got gas.  The other purchasers of gas were all men and then were giving me looks like "should I go over and offer assistance?"  But then we were all smiles as the gas went into the tank.  Finally.

I also went to the grocery and they actually had--pushed way back on the shelf--the chunk of Boston Butt I needed to make crock pot pulled pork.  And it was almost free.  Five dollars. I also got frozen burgers so we can have grilled burgers for supper.  It's going to be wonderful this week.  Good things to eat.

My grocery also had Persian cukes on sale and I think I will be making cucumber, lemon, mint water to drink on hot days--coming up. G got the big AC unit into the window in the dining room and that cools off the entire house, pretty much.  Kitchen, living room, dining room and hall.  We have another small one for the bedroom but it required too much work and he was already worn out.

That's it.  I am going to sit here at the desk to keep the dog from wandering around.  Would be nice if Riley took a nap.  The hot, muggy air makes it hard for him to breathe.


2 comments:

Lauren Grocholl said...

Hi Joanne! I visited just as promised! Love your blog!

Allison Plummer said...

Love reading through your posts, thanks for the shoutout!