Friday, February 17, 2012

The View From Here

This was taken yesterday when the sun was shining and the dog had just finished drinking water.  You can't actually see the water drops that he left all over the floor.  Which was why I took this picture.  Usually, Riley is standing somewhere in this area.  Waiting for me to put on shoes.  Take him out.  Not so much this morning, as it is raining.  Yes, rain.  The interior parts of Maine are, perhaps, experiencing snow  which would be strange indeed in this year "without winter".

I pulled on my new "shape wear" and then tried on all my new pencil skirts.  Oo La La!  I love my new shape wear.  It smoothed out all the bumpy, lumpy areas on my silhouette.  I now have a straight, smooth line from waist to knee.  The outcropping of saddlebag at the hip is undetectable.  No tugging to pull the skirts on.  Step in and then step out. And, unlike the Spanx, I didn't have to Wrestle Mania my way into the garment.  I even "think" I could have purchased a size smaller in one or two items.

I have also decided I now have ENOUGH clothing for the remainder of Winter and into Spring.  No more shopping.  Unless, I see a really great wool blazer.  Or take the two I have to see if they can be altered into a wearable new size.  Both of the too large blazers are made of really lovely wool.  100% wool.  The blazers on the internet are not 100% wool.  My future purchases will be some flirty little Summer things to wear with the cute polka dot skirt.  The sales clerk at J Crew mentioned a few items.  I already own a lime green cardigan.  I just need a ruffly white camisole.

I actually have TOO MUCH clothing as I am one of those strange people who alternate between two outfits for months at a time.  Right now I have the new pair of brown cords rotating with the old green cords (my test pants at the beginning of Atkins).  Test pants being pants that are too tight and too small to wear.  They fit now.  So I had to dig up another smaller pair of test pants in my closet.  White LS tees and gray cashmere sweater completes my every day, all the time outfit.  Actually, two grey cashmere sweaters as it takes a long time for them to dry when I hand wash them.

I have a cute outfit all set on a hanger in my closet, but haven't worn it yet.  Long tailed men's shirt (that fits), crew neck cotton sweater and jeans.  The shirt tails hang out below the sweater's hem.  Just like in the magazines.  Perhaps I will wear it in the Spring.  By then I will be back to work and will be back to wearing work clothes by day and pajama bottoms and a sweater (grey cashmere) after my shower.  Every single day of the week.  In the summer it's a white linen shirt instead of the sweater over the pj bottoms.

I could be French.  They have very small wardrobes.  Very few items.  But what they own is all most excellent.  I have lists (from the internet) of the Ten Essential Wardrobe Items in a French closet.  And then the next Ten Items once you have found the first Ten.  Not so easy.  I am working on the list.  Le Trench is on the horizon.  Le Little Black Dress is still not what I want it to be.

I am now going to make my breakfast omelet.  Sausage, egg, kale and onion.  And pour myself a second cup of coffee.  I have to work on my unemployment Work Diary and send it in. Sigh!

1 comment:

gema said...

What happened to your Pilates? Post a link to the French Wardrobe list, will you please.