Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Taking A Leap Into March

Today was a blur.  I was awake very early (way before 5 am) and then again, at 5:30 and finally for real at 8 am.  Must have been because this is such a weird, extra, day.  After the clothes dryer was repaired (it was squeaking) and the snowblower prepared for the "big storm", G & I ventured out to Lowe's.   I had an idea that I wanted to purchase new things for the hall bath.  New lights.  New faucets.  New medicine cabinet.  And we did.  Koehler brushed nickel.  Nothing shiny.  A nice, mellow matt finish.  Around $600 to revamp a tired bath until we are ready to tear it all up and add tile floors, new toilet and a new sink plus (a taller) cabinet.  All the things we just bought will still be used except, perhaps, the medicine cabinet.  And that could still be returned.  I would prefer a lovely framed mirror, sans cabinet.  And, of course, fresh paint.  The stuff I applied 20 years ago is not my taste now and is heavy duty which means lots and lots of sanding will be necessary to remove the paint.

Our next stop, after driving around in circles looking for an open "handicapped" spot, was Walmart.  I stopped in to purchase my Atkins supplies.  Eggbeaters, sausage patties, yogurt for G, cream and Splenda. The prices are so much lower than at my grocery.  Walmart is the only place where all the handicapped spots are occupied.  All the time.

Then we strapped on the YakTrax and headed into the woods with Riley.  Ice lined paths.  He was delighted with his walk.  So many things to smell.  Then home for lunch (Riley),  laundry for me, and G was doing something and then he had lunch (leftover pasta plus some of my sausage crumbles) and then he left for work.  I still have two loads of wash to finish.  Then it will be time for me to eat my dinner.

I have been wondering if there is anyone else out there who has thought about having the outside of their house repainted a new color, even though the existing paint is still in excellent condition?  My second choice is buying a new house to live in that is the perfect color.  OMG!  There is a cute little grey and white cape on the daily dog walk.  I like the house but would like it on my property.  I've considered showing it to my house painter.  Telling him I want my house to look like that.  The trim, the windows, the doors would all have to be changed.  He would look at me and shake his head and ask "are you crazy?"  Then he would suggest I buy a new house.

No pictures of me wearing any new clothes today.  The light was bad and the repair guy was in the bathroom where I take pictures.  Yes, my washer/dryer is in the master bath.  What a loser house I live in.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi,Joanne, what did I miss with you needing a handicap spot? Are you ok? You are looking great these days. What color is your house?I live in a grey and red trim cape. Very neat looking.