Monday, February 27, 2012

The Everyday Grey Sweater

With J Crew scarf.  I thought this was the most artistic shot from the morning.  The ever-present grey sweater, getting a bit baggy and needing a wash.  I did wet my hair and make it presentable.

And you also get the Swingy New BLack Sweater (the $7.99) over the grey sweater.  I also have on the dark pewter jeans.  Not the black jeans.  And not the blue jeans.  The Swingy Black Sweater may just have been my favorite purchase so far this year.  Who knew?

I am going to answer a Reader Question.  How does Riley know how to ring the bell?  Well, when he was a mere pup, we had a few dog training books.  One suggested a bell attached to the door used most often for "going out to pee".  The dog would hear the bell each time he went out to do "business" (door opening) and pretty soon the sound would be synonymous with the process.  The book's author even mentions that some dogs will eventually "ring the bell" to go out.  Not all.  Riley figured it out one day when he had been standing by the door waiting to go out and we were not paying attention.  So he pushed his nose against the bell and we came running.  He's used it ever since.  Of course, the breeder who bred Riley is KNOWN for breeding highly intelligent dogs.  Riley has the equivalent of a 2 year old's vocabulary.  He understands words and simple sentences.  He also understands "we will do this after I do this".  As soon as I do "this"  even if hours have gone past, he is ready to the thing he wants.  He waits for me to do that thing I said was before the activity he wants to do (walk).

Anyone else happy that all this Oscar crap is over with?  I watched Downton Abbey and Old Curiosity Shop instead.

I have been reading blogs (this morning) regarding eating way more fat than I have been, less protein and even less carbs.  Fast Fat Fast.  1000 calories a day and the majority of them fat.  It's supposed to get you moving on weight loss after stalling for a long period of time.  Like me.  Not gaining any weight (other than water) but not losing anything either.  I usually have been able to lose at least 1.5 pounds in a month. Not so now.  And, realistically, I would be very happy to just be 5 pounds lighter right now. I got very close, just before the vacation, and wish I hadn't gone (I was 3 pounds away from goal).  Eventually, I want to weigh a total of 15 pounds less than I do now.  Which is one size smaller.   I think ten pounds is a size.  Then I will be happy to just maintain for the rest of my life.

I want to get to the "rest of my life" part by May.  In order for that to happen, I need to get the weight loss part moving again.  I feel like my body is being all crabby and stubborn. Saying "no I won't".  It feels great on the days when I feel "light" and my clothes slip on easily.  Then, while I am busy being happy, the clothes start feeling snug and I start feeling heavy.  I can be the exact same weight on the scale during all this, which is maddening.  My ring is loose today.  That means I am not retaining water.

I'm going to go walk the dog now.  Bundled up against the wind.

My Slogger's Uni Sandals arrived today.  Lovely green.  Fit perfectly.

No comments: