Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Beautiful Compost

A lovely combo of roasted spaghetti squash rind, Florida red grapefruit rinds and a philodendron leaf.  I liked the colors so much I just had to get a picture this morning.  I have been running since I woke up this morning.  Some errands in Town before an 11:30 lunch date, then the library, the resale shop (a lovely red turtleneck cashmere for $12), walk with the dog.  A "Big Salad" as I was still hungry after lunch and it was now past 2.  Then Animal Control called to mention Riley's Dog License was overdue so I had to run out to the vet for the rabies certificate and then to the Town Clerk's office downtown and I had to pay a $25 penalty fee for being late.  Oh, and I walked the dog after lunch but before the Big Salad which was just oil and vinegar dressed greens.  Now, I have a message from the library that more books are waiting for pick up.  G is now home and I think he expects a meal.

Last night I watched the four new Fringe episodes for the "new" winter season.  I liked them.  I read somewhere that the producers and writers were creating a "Fringe Valentine" out of this last (unless something happens) season as a thank you to loyal viewers.  It's been that and more.

I purchased 4 more of the dark red grapefruit my grocery has on special this week at 2 for one dollar.  I investigated the Grapefruit Diet that was pretty popular long ago and read that they think it's where Atkins got his diet ideas.  The menu looks strikingly similar and predates Atkins by a number of years.  The only change is that on the Grapefruit Diet you have half a grapefruit after every meal to assist in "fat burning". I am eating one whole grapefruit before eating breakfast.  I am not here to report any fat burning.

I am just eating the grapefruit because I like them VERY much and after so many months without any fruit, I want to eat fruit, specifically, red grapefruit.  Call the Diet Police!!!

I saw a picture of myself taken by G while I was sitting, in my swimsuit, next to the pool in Florida.  I actually was under the impression I looked like I had lost weight.  My clothes are smaller sizes.  I look smaller here in my house.  But the picture of me by the pool?  Fat. Fat. Fat. No wonder no one mentioned any change in my appearance.

I was tempted to just throw in the towel and go back to eating normally.  I didn't.  I am just going to keep slogging along, with little in the way of results, until May.  A whole year.  Then I will decide what to do after that.  I did drink three full glasses of water at lunch.  Yah, me!

2 comments:

Diane N said...

Regarding the photo: Perhaps it was a bad angle? Perhaps the light was unflattering or the suit you were wearing? You know you have lost weight and you know you are wearing smaller sizes. Proof positive! Perhaps you need to do something to tone your body to go along with the weight loss? Are you still doing the Pilates machine?

When we get to this age, it's not only harder to lose the weight, it's harder to get everything to firm up when we lose it. I'm not sure how many of us would even have the courage to have our pictures taken in a swim suit. NOT ME!

Be positive about what you have accomplished so far. It's something to be proud of even if that photo doesn't make you feel like it is.

Carolyn aka Silkquilter said...

Very few of us really look good in a swimsuit. Most of us look much better covered up. You have lost a great deal of weight and are much fitter than you were a year ago. You also seem to have a much more positive self-image. Far more important to the "whole" you than just what your physicality is. Oh, and don't forget your posture! :)

Your current profile pic is beautiful.