Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Streptocarpus

The day began with a headache.  The kind I often get when the barometric pressure changes from clear and sunny to stormy.  Or it could just be a headache.

Breakfast was just coffee, yogurt (I have added plain, Greek Style into my diet) and a MIM (for the fiber) since I forgot to drink my Milk of Magnesia last night.  I bought the liquid MofM because I was too thick headed to realize it came in pill form.  Duh!!!!  Anyway, it works.  And I don't think the farty cereal had anything to do with the cereal.  It was the soy.  My life is like one continuous chemistry class.

I went along on today's walk in the woods with G & Riley.  It's icy in spots and G almost slipped and fell down.  After we got home, G suggested a trip into Portland for lunch (at Longhorn) and then a visit to Trader Joe's.  We just got back.  Lunch was delicious.  I had one of the special steaks with a Bourbon glaze and G had steak and shrimp skewers. Our salads and side vegetables were delicious.  Even the water was tasty.  Then we skipped over to the Mall and I visited William Sonoma and purchased a refill bottle of grapefruit hand soap, two French skillets and a wee cute heavy cream whipper.  It works like a tiny salad spinner but has a disc with holes in it that goes up and down thru the cream.  Whipping it with little effort on my part.  I've been whipping the cream ( and my SF mousse mixes)  by hand--and I get very tired and cranky.

Trader Joes was where I bought 4 packages of almond meal.  So much less expensive than the health food store.  I am going to make some of the recipes using almond and coconut flour instead of wheat flour.  More chemistry problems (cookies, brownies or scones).  I also bought ruby red grapefruit.  The last time I bought them at TJ's they were SO good.  I got a small bag of lemons and another of limes.  I'm thinking of a ricotta cheesecake with almond meal crust.

It's getting dark outside.  Almost time for Downton Abbey.  I should run into the office and iron the five or six shirts I have waiting.  Then I won't feel so guilty about wasting the day doing no real work.  Why do I always feel guilty when I don't do the things I should do, but don't want to do???

No comments: