Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ice Covered Streets

It's dark gray outside today.  And it's raining.  And the ground is cold.  So the rain turned into ice covered roads this morning as I drove behind G towards the Toyota dealership where his truck was having work done, yet again.  It was only supposed to be an oil change.

Then G drove my car (with me in it) to Freeport where I wanted to buy two things.  A really cute down jacket (didn't have it in the color I wanted) and the gift my daughter had requested for Christmas.  I got the cute jacket in black.  And I bought another down coat in the men's department for walking the dog.  With a hood.  I'll look like a Pillsbury Doughboy in it but I'll be warm.  All the women's coats come in those awful dirty colors that Bean's seems to like.  Dirty, faded red.  Kelly green.  Purple.  And bright aqua.  The color of clothing donated to Goodwill.

I did find a black cotton skirt at the Gap but then talked myself out of it.  One skirt is enough.  I also tried on Gap jeans.  Size 14.  I just can't deal with the "waist" being 2 inches below my navel.  It's like you don't actually have the pants all the way ON.

We had breakfast at the Freeport Cafe.  I had the omelet with sausage, cheese, onion and peppers.  No home fries and no toast.  Waiter asked if I was gluten free as he had a bread they could toast for me.  It had 12 g of carbs per very thin slice. Too many. That intrigued him so he went and looked at the carb count on the other breads and found one that was only 7 grams per slice.  I then confessed that gluten didn't make me sick.  I said wheat made me fat.  He thought that was hilarious.

We are back home.  G has taken the dog for his walk.  I have chores to complete as this is my last day off until Saturday, which is Christmas Eve.  Not much Christmas Cheer.  It didn't even seem like Christmas at LL Bean.  It just seemed like a lot of people milling around and not finding what they wanted.

Customers at work say that the best part of Christmas Shopping is having lunch out.  Maybe that's why I am feeling gloomy.  No lunch, out.  It'll be dark in 90 minutes.  The entire day was wasted.

No comments: