Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Christmas Miracle

I weighed myself this morning and am within 1.5 pounds of the goal weight I wanted when I started Atkins.  The "trick" to doing this?  Who knows.   The body is a strange and wondrous thing.

I am getting ready to eat my breakfast, make a bow for a gift G is purchasing today, packing my lunch for work.  I got all the laundry done yesterday.  I still have pierogi to make for my daughter's Christmas gift. I did manage to make another batch of pulled pork yesterday afternoon (late) and G and I will be having that with fried sauerkraut and gnocchi for supper tonight.  Deconstructed pork and dumplings.  No, I don't get any dumplings.

G set up the Christmas Express train around the Christmas tree  (very cute) and Riley has now decided to stay in the kitchen.  Period.  So, sadly, G is packing the train back up and taking it back to the store.  He also has to get a prescription as the one he had, lapsed.  And visit Petco for dog food and treats.  He and Riley will be having a busy day.

Yesterday's grim cold, wet icy rain, is a thing of the past today as we welcome the sunshine back into Maine.  My great room is flooded with warm sunshine.  I just wish the dining room table was clear of clutter so it would look wonderful, as well.  Instead, it is covered with shopping bags, boxes of beads, wrapping paper and the still unfinished plastic toy wreath.  I did find more small action figures so I think I have enough of them to get back to work.

My camera has officially died.  It will open but can't seem to muster the energy to actually take a picture.  It's sad.  We've been together for nearly 6 years and for as long as I have been blogging.  1300 posts worth of pictures.  A close and very personal relationship.

I have investigated new cameras.  I even selected two that I thought I would enjoy owning.  Another Fuji, the F500EXR and the expensive $1200 Fuji that is impossible to find available for purchase. I want rechargeable batteries again.  I do not want to be buying and replacing batteries all the time.  I have to do that with my wireless mouse and keyboard.  It annoys me to always have to stock up on batteries and have the huge package right next to the computer.  Something is always needing a battery.

Time to eat and make that bow.

1 comment:

Laurie @ ... And In My Spare Time I Quilt said...

I have 4 rechargeable batteries and a charging unit. Works great for those things that need regular batteries.