Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Good Things

One:   I stayed in the house and finished reading my Tudor mystery yesterday.  I sipped coffee and munched on almonds.  I let the dog in and out.  I did not do one bit of laundry.  I made a wheat free biscuit and covered it in butter and 2 teaspoons of my homemade grape jelly and called it lunch.

Two: This morning I slept late.  Woke up and stepped on the scale.  It was good.  Then I tried on clothes to see if I could create an outfit or two or three for any events in the next few weeks (I did).  I still need a long, drapey tunic type "thing" to layer and wear under a sweater.  It needs to be a print. And I need a thin belt to wear over it. 100% of my closet is solids.  No prints.

Three:  My breakfasts (yesterday and today) have been delicious.  Still eggs, sausage, and cheese but these two mornings I have had diced onions and shredded cheese.  Yesterday I added a whole avocado and this morning green peppers.

Four: My supper last night was so horrible that the only good part was shoveling the store bought meatballs into the disposal unit and watching them get chewed up.  The taste and texture made me actually gag.  I saved the marinara sauce they were in and will be making my own, homemade meatballs this afternoon.

Five:  The sun is shining (timidly) but the weather is warm (40's) so the dog walking today will be delightful.  It would have been yesterday, also, but I just didn't want to.  There are days (most) when I am happy to provide for the dog and there are days (not many) when I resent his needs.  On those days, Riley has to "make do" with the fenced half acre he has out back.  For some dogs, that would be enough.  The boyfriend has suggested Riley needs a "dog brother or sister" to play with.  I feel like G and I are people who do best with only one of anything.  One dog, one house (we are being encouraged to buy a vacation home by our friends), one wife or husband, one credit card and one car each.  I can't explain the four vehicles in the garage, only to say that two are never used.

Six: I applied for unemployment yesterday.  Now I wait.  Twenty three days until we leave on our vacation to Florida.  I need to search my storage box for Florida (summer) clothing for the week.  That fits.  I am not buying a bathing suit.  I have one.  It may fit now (it didn't when I bought it at the thrift store) but showing all that wrinkly 65 year old skin is so not a "good thing".

Seven:  I am taking the two huge bags of clothes to Goodwill  now and looking to see what I might try on in the size 14 section.  Perhaps a skirt or tunic.  Or a skort.  LOL.  A stop to return books to the library and then home to walk the dog.  Oh, and a stop to get meat for the meatballs.

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Does your Goodwill actually organize by size?! That would be so much easier than thumbing through racks and racks of jeans or pants looking for my size as I must do at my Goodwill.

JonathanN said...

Interesting post!! I really like this site, and hope you will write more, thanks for your information.