Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Another Repeated Photo

Today, after a night of rough winds and lots of rain, we have Spring.  The grass is green, there is no snow and the weather is so mild, I could open windows to air out the house.  It is December.  Nearly January.

I am so glad I didn't waste any time yesterday (or the days before) shoveling snow off the driveway.

Tomorrow, Doggie Day Care for Riley and a trip to Portland for G&I.  My car needs to have it's oil changed and there was a recall on the headlight switch.  So, I want those things taken care of before it actually becomes winter here in Maine.  I think we will have breakfast at Cracker Barrel while they work on the car. And we might visit Trader Joes and Whole Foods.  Perhaps the Mall.  Today, I am meeting a friend for a long lunch.  We have weeks and weeks of news to catch up on.

I had planned to wear one of my 1980's Laura Ashley dresses to lunch, but discovered that I don't have even one pair of pantyhose in the sock drawer (other than the new black tights which would not work).  Hard to believe.  LOL.  Hard to believe I actually thought there would be a pair in that drawer.  I haven't owned a skirt or dress (that fit) in years, so why would I have pantyhose????  Instead I will wear a pair of charcoal gray wool trousers (1986), a black belt and a white blouse (1983).  Perhaps some pearls.  So Dolly Madison.  Did you know that in the 1800's pearls were considered to be an American jewel?  Dolly wore them to the first Inaugural Ball.  Years before the British burned down the White House.  Can you tell I've been watching PBS?

This is my second "unemployed" day.  The first, yesterday, was a great success.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a string of, perhaps, three such days?  I think so.  I don't want to be greedy and ask for all the remaining days of 2011 to be carefree and wonderful.  But it would be welcome.

3 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I think a string of 3 good days in a row is perfectly reasonable. Then when you have a crummy day, you can appreciate the good ones when they return. I hope you have a great lunch.

Diane N said...

I agree with Deborah.

I thought perhaps there might be a photo today of you wearing some of your new duds!

Annie said...

Yes, photo,photo,photo!

: )