Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Weather Isn't Delightful

A dark drizzly day.  Wonderful for the garden but not too happy for a certain dog and his owner.  Riley woke G up at around 4 am, because the dog wanted to go out.  Then the dog curled up on his dog bed and snored until 9 am.  G tried to go back to sleep but gave up and just went to work early, I think.

I had an appointment to have my teeth cleaned.  A VERY significant amount of tartar had built up on the back of my bottom front teeth.  And it was tough to get off.  The tartar build up was something I had noticed while doing the Atkins diet.  I never noticed comment on it in the threads/forums but perhaps they didn't notice?  The hygienist and dentist are both interested in the diet-teeth component.  Could the lack of sugar/carbs really cause this?

After the tooth cleaning, I visited the grocery to buy a few things.  I happened to see my neighbor and we tried to do a quick "visit" to just catch up on things.  She hasn't seen me lately and thought I looked thinner. That made my day.  She also noticed the congestion in my nose and my cough.  And wondered what was wrong with me.  We both think summer is over already and it's not even the middle of August.  It's cooler and less sunny and the MUMS are on sale at the greenhouse.

I am going to start cooking the pork I bought on Monday.  I plan to try cooking it in the oven and not the slow cooker.  I'll let you know how it works out.

1 comment:

dee said...

I hope your day gets better and the dentist is not too awful an experience.
Also, I wanted to tell you how much I like the Rooster. The weather may not be delightful but he is!