Friday, August 05, 2011

Having Wasted The Morning On The Internet

I am now ready to actually do something constructive.  I had a MIM with added almond flour for breakfast with crunchy peanut butter instead of cereal or eggs.  It felt so "wrong" at this point in the diet even though, after 2 weeks of Induction, nuts and peanut butter are allowed.  So, I have been "allowed" to have peanut butter and peanuts for a few months now.  I had never thought of having it on a MIM.  Light Bulb Moment.

I was trolling the garden blogs (which at this point in the garden season turn into pickling and cooking blogs) and found a zucchini pasta recipe (equal parts actual pasta and zucchini strips), stuffed fried zucchini blossoms (Italy) using only the "boy" flowers and the Tuscan Bread Salad.  Only the Italian author suggests subbing cous cous for the stale Tuscan bread.  I think that's a carb.  I could just make it with tomatoes, red onion and cucumbers.  G and I used to go to a local restaurant that made a bread soup of tomatoes etc.  They floated dumplings in it. I loved that.  I love dumplings.  I love them so much that I often resemble a dumpling.

This morning I am wearing the "test pants" that I could not button or zip when I began this diet.  I am even sitting down while wearing them.  They still don't look great, but I don't think they did even when I purchased them.  They need a long shirt over the top to cover the pocket area.  I think the pocket area is the reason the pants were in the resale store.  These pants are never going to look great due to a design flaw in the pocket placement.  But I have them on, they are buttoned and zipped (without a struggle) and I can do deep knee bends while wearing them (my own personal test of fit).  I could just sew the pockets closed and remove the inside pocket fabric.  That might make things look better.  And then I would have "test pants" for the next few weeks because I think that would make them tight again.  I often wonder why I bought them?  I think I wore them to work once.  They are golden orange.  Not a color a woman needing a size 14 would choose to wear.

I cleaned out the fridge of all the vegetables I have purchased and not used.  I have a nice large cauliflower which I plan to make into sweet and salty pickles for my daughter, I have turnips which can become mashed or roasted turnips (but not the turnip fries) and I have zucchini which can become a moist pan of brownies along with a pot of stewed zucchini and tomatoes.  There is also the possibility of cutting the zucchini into thin strips (not the center parts with seeds) and creating a "pasta" to serve with a sauce.  I haven't had a "pasta" in 3 months.

I exchanged the sugar for Splenda and Xylitol.  I added soy flour and almond flour instead of wheat.  And the resulting "brownies" were so disgusting in flavor and texture what I ran them thru the disposal. But I did find three small cucumbers in the garden.  And I'm eating them.  The crows finished off the blueberries.

I do want to leave the house this morning and visit the Farmer's Market and library.  I did want to.  Now I am thinking I will just "make do" with what I have here in the garden and house and finish the laundry and ironing.  Later today G and I will be going out for dinner with our daughter and her boyfriend.  I think it will be a fun evening.

No comments: