Saturday, August 13, 2011

Shaker Tool Rack- Hancock Village

This is an inventive idea for tool storage but it's also a good way to get your eyes poked out.  I "lifted" it from Dominique's blog.  It didn't even feel like stealing.  I mean, you just click and scoot it over to your picture file.  I hadn't intended to use it here, on my blog.  I just wanted a picture so I could show it to G and see if it is something he might want to "build".  We have a corner in the garage where everything hangs on nails.  I am getting old and it takes me forever to get the hole in the tool handle over a nail.  With this I could just stick the handle into a square.

Every year, I think, sort of seriously, about sanding the handles of my tools, sharpening and scraping all the dirt off the shovels, painting the tool handles a bright color so I can find the tools in the garden.  And every time I use a tool, I think that, this will be the time, I put it back where I got it.

I am MUCH better at work.  I have fewer things and they are more important for being so few in number.  My old Chef's knife (for cutting root balls).  My scissors for trimming bad leaves and dead flowers.  My broom for sweeping up dirt from repotting.  My dust pan, which I had to get on the radio to have returned to my work area today. My trowel for mixing Pro Mix with water. Absent any one, and my day has just gotten so much more difficult.  Mix in three to five people using my things (on days when I am not working) and taking tools away with them and you have a very stressful, tiring day.

A co worker said he was getting tired about being scolded regarding the "snippy attitudes" by the staff at the cash registers.  Then he looks at me and says, "but never you, Joanne, they say you are always wonderful".  Yeah, right!  Say it like you mean it.

I asked and in two weeks my schedule will change and I will get more hours/days per week plus I am teaching the Dividing and Relocating class (perennials).  So, I have two weeks left of my summer "vacation".  Better enjoy the next two days off in a row.  Right now I am going to take my shower.  I am under the influence of allergy tabs.  Feeling sleepy.  But my nose isn't running.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Love your work on your blog! And I wanted to personally invite you to be one of the first Advisors on ShopSquad (http://www.shopsquad.com/?vsrc=FDg), a free shopping advice website where shoppers and your readers can ask Advisors (i.e. you!) for advice.

If you recommend something that is purchased, from appliances to clothing to electronics to sporting goods, you get a percentage of the sale. You're already sharing your expertise through your blog, so why not earn more money for it? You can also earn $5 for each of your readers who signs up (http://www.shopsquad.com/shoptags/?vsrc=FDg).

Read our great press coverage (http://www.shopsquad.com/about/?vsrc=FDg) or learn how ShopSquad works (http://www.shopsquad.com/howitworks/?vsrc=FDg). When you're ready, sign up free at www.shopsquad.com.

Feel free to ask me any questions: cynthia@shopsquad.com.

Thanks!