Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Solstice

My Christmas Gift from N. The most delightful mug with the most delightful dog on a leash. In honor of all the walks we will be taking together (Riley and I) this winter. Which begins today.

My final day of paid work in 2009. I would have preferred to stay at home but I got up and went to work today. In the two years I have worked here, I have never called out sick. Perfect attendance. I had good conversations with customers and co-workers, watered my plants for the last time, had my lunch interrupted by a co-worker who wanted me to pot the Bonsai (not wanting to do it herself), and after work, I didn't pick up the dog, but instead went and did my errands.

Two white bowls @ Big Lots for my breakfast oatmeal. The ArtStudioQuilts magazine @ JoAnn's. A pair of black cord pants and a blanket for the dog's bed @ Goodwill. No wool sweaters. But an email from Kentucky with the offer of a felted sweater for the hat I want to make. Yes, Thank You!

This is what happens when you untangle lights and then find out they won't light. You involve the local, in house handy person, and he has to zap the string and restore the lights. Of course, he gets them all tangled again. Now they are on the tree. I don't know exactly why, but this is my favorite photograph right now.

We've gotten a few Christmas cards. And they have had short, happy notes inside. Lovely news from friends. New babies coming and arrived. And just now, a long conversation with my friend in California. Catching up on all the news.

My horoscope for today says I have six wonderful weeks of vacation starting today. How's that for accuracy? That takes me to the end of January.

G and I had leftovers. He had some reheated turkey and I had the last container of black bean bisque. I think I may actually have to cook tomorrow. LOL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how one needs special oatmeal bowls? I had one from Pier One that I loved - the right size, did not get hot in the microwave. Then it broke. It took us a long time to find a new set of everyday dishes that had the "right" bowls and coffee mugs!
Happy holidays!