Wednesday, December 09, 2009

All Better Now

If one room is "blue" then I'll just sit in the "red" one. I also listened to my first two pod casts and the first one was a special message directly to me. Stop whining. Stop wanting wishes and dreams to just "come true" without hard work (on my part). Stop wasting time. Or as my son always says, (to me) "quit your crabbin".

I changed the slipcovers, removed the summer covers from the pillows, moved furniture, switched the rug position, packed up the CD player (too big and I just don't want it around anymore --want one? Sony, plays 50 discs), vacuumed, made black bean soup, made a pot of French press coffee. had hummus and carrots for lunch, dusted table tops and lamp shades, paid bills and finally made copies so I can get the final bill deposit back from the title company. $200. I may use it to buy $200 worth of Smart Wool socks. Love those socks.

I called G at work to remind him that he needs to get this snow up off the driveway BEFORE it starts to rain. And turns into a 3 month long sheet of ice. If he bought a simple to use snow blower, I could use it. But he buys complicated ones, that he sometimes doesn't know how to use, either. He did the same with the lawnmower. I like simple.

So I got a lot of stuff done, stayed busy and now have a huge pile of white couch covers to take to the laundromat along with a bottle of bleach. And I wasn't depressed.

Thought you'd want to know. Pizza tonight.

3 comments:

MariMo said...

Glad you were less depressed in the afternoon. Hope you continue to feel good tonite. Wish you a Gute Nacht. Sleep tight my dear.

Annie said...

I love your red room with the quilt on the wall. I've got my eye on the rug too, looks as though that is lovely, the whole room - so cozy.

: )

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Smart Wool socks are the best! Little comforts. Love the quilt on your wall.