Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Winter Decorating

Ten days. I have some plans for the day. Winter greens in the planter on the porch. Lights on the Bouffant Tree. Soleil d'Or Narcissus (yellow and not fragrant) potted up with the volcanic pebbles I found while cleaning the garage on Sunday. The bulbs needed 2 weeks of 45 degrees to "get going" and now are ready (I hope) to do things. If I can find floral wire, I will make a winter greens head piece for my Goddess. I have small bits of cedar and juniper to add spice to her winter fancy.

I slept later than usual today and have had breakfast and two cups of coffee. I spent most of the short morning reading blogs. I really want some neocolors. Whatever they are. Riley has slept most of the morning, also. After eating the American Express letter I got yesterday. It was only advertising but there are things, like bills and taxes, that he can easily reach, so today I have to move these items inside cupboards or up, up, up and away.

We had tomato pasta last night, using frozen garden tomatoes from the summer of 2008. Only 3 packages left in the freezer. I think we'll have burritos or quesadillas tonight. There isn't much left in the freezer and I don't want to go to the store today. I want to stay home. I may thaw out the last steak for dinner tomorrow with some fried potatoes and onions or buy a roasted turkey breast at the deli and have Thanksgiving dinner again. I have to go out tomorrow to get my haircut and pick up books at the library which is next door to the grocery.

So far, if I was to still believe in Santa, I want the Julie & Julia DVD with the extra Julia's Kitchen Wisdom, Neocolors, a larger set of Prismacolor pencils (larger than 48 which I have) and Chewy Nut Caramels from See's. And this crazy Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S instant camera and film from fujifilmusa.com. ($96 and $20) I keep seeing it in Vogue. It takes credit card sized instant photos. Tiny. G's college roommate works for Fuji. I wish he'd send me a sample because the film is expensive. $20 for ten tiny pictures. I'll be shopping for all of these things after Christmas. I'm my own Santa.

Lunch time for Riley and I have to decide if we are going out for a walk or not. It isn't icy so I think we should go. I may take him to day care tomorrow.

Art Club tonight. It may be a small group. We'll see if the door is locked or unlocked. Always a deal breaker.

1 comment:

N said...

You crack me up! L doesn't think he's cute, but he gets that response a lot. Lucky me... I'm also lucky that some of my friends and neighbors were willing to go out on a limb and actually socialize - it's like pulling teeth to get people to go to a party. Happily you came - it was so fun to have a place away from work to talk about it in other than hushed tones!
Polaroid used to make an instant camera that took tiny pictures like the ones you described. I had a student who had one and I was soooo envious. I don't believe they make the film anymore. There's something about the format that is so perfect.
...now I know you aren't my secret santa - SW will be very pleased.