Friday, December 04, 2009

Surprise

Just fooling with you. This is the pom greeting card I found in the bottom of the card drawer and snapped a photo of this morning. After I cleaned up the mess of shredded junk mail the dog had worked on after G left for work. Guess the recycling will have to be taken out before we leave the dog alone. Riley seems to have developed "his own interests" and hobbies while we weren't paying attention to him.

Here's the pom you all liked best with some of the dictionary pages for contrast. I'm not sure if it's done yet. But it does look nicer with the new additions.

Here's the first one I did. You saw it as just a blurry outline with the brush pen. I then added color with my watercolor paints and some gum arabic instead of water. Richer hue and depth to the paint. And a few days later I added the dictionary page with pomegranate. I like this one. It's still VERY simple but charming. I don't know if it's done yet either.

I finally had an idea for this year's Christmas Tree card. I was sitting at a traffic light waiting to turn left and it came to me. And I thought, well, that's a damned good idea. And I haven't done it before and I will be using a new medium and it's all good. Now to find time to get going.

I got home from work at 5, started a pot of chicken soup for G (he has the sniffles and is pretending not to have a cold), ordered shingles for the roof, took a shower, put on my jammies, started a load of wash and now, here I am with you, and it's 6:30. I took all these pictures this morning and just had to download and crop them.

I work again tomorrow. We are getting busy. I'm mostly not very busy but I watered the entire greenhouse and puttered about. Tomorrow should be better, as I may be able to work on wreaths again. I cut up carrots and packed them in a container along with hummus for my lunch. I may take another frozen block of lentil soup to go along since it maybe cold.

My walking buddy and I talked and drank our way through lunch yesterday. We did laugh a lot, also. I always forget (ahem) how much I love a nice bottle of pinot noir. And the chocolate brownie with chocolate gelato wasn't bad either. I skipped breakfast and supper so I could eat & drink without guilt. Then I walked the dog. Which was quite pleasant after a few glasses of good wine. What I remember of it. I do recall talking to people. I was friendly.

Well, the soup smells ready. I need to make noodles. My bowl today is full of good ideas, good memories and good soup.

No comments: