Monday, September 22, 2008

Invasion of Insanity

G asked to use my camera. He wanted to take a picture of this tree, in the skylight of the hotel lobby. He may not have noticed the nice composition of borders around his tree top, but I did. A nice picture to take at a quilt show.

What's Happening Today: I had to deliver flowers to the local hospital and to do the delivery, I must drive the "company" van, which is my employer's vehicle. Now I do take one liberty with this vehicle. Well, two. I adjust the steering wheel and the rear view mirror. The steering wheel so I can see the dashboard and the little dial where I find out if I have shifted into D R N or P. I do not change the radio station. My employer listens to a conservative Republican station that airs Rush Limbough's program. But he's on later in the day so that's not an issue.

Today's agenda on this station was the coming TOTAL collapse of the American economy. The EVEN GREATER DEPRESSION. No money, no banks, no jobs, no gas, no heat, no food, no retirement etc. Unless we acted now. This guy never actually said what the listeners were supposed to DO but I assume "they" know. Libby in the comments on yesterday's post hoped I had plenty of canned goods and survival equipment.

Is this guy on the radio suggesting to "everyone" that they run to the bank and ask for their investments in cash? He did say that in a regular day banks had 9 Billion in cash available for withdrawals and that on Friday the 19th, more than 164 Billion had been withdrawn from banks. I could be misinformed but that sounds very odd. Are people doing this? Are they also filling cans with gasoline? Buying canned food because they won't be able to heat and cook food? Buying guns and ammunition. I don't think it's for shooting squirrels for food, do you? Maybe a moose, which is suddenly a very popular item to shoot.

You see what happens when you force a normal person, I like to think of myself as normal and quite average in every way, to listen to this sort of stuff in a closed company van? Yes, I could have turned the radio off or the sound down but I was quite mesmerized. What sort of IQ, statistically, would they hope to reach? Or was it a hoax. Like War of the Worlds and men from Mars invading.

I think I might ask for cash when I cash my little paycheck and I may buy a few extra bags of rice and beans when I shop later in the week (unless it's already too late). I'll need a tarp to collect rainwater to cook the beans and rice. And a fire.

Has anyone, in government or at a bank, thought about just NOT foreclosing on home loans and just asking people to refinance (for free) to a nice, plain, 30 year loan they can afford? Sounds nuts doesn't it? Better to throw families out in the street while the house sits empty and the bank writes the loan off for government cash. And, "people who are losing their homes", your house was NEVER worth 60 times what you paid for it (or whatever imaginary, greedy number you and your predatory lender came up with). And the lottery is not a retirement plan.

I'm done.

5 comments:

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

___________________________#__#
_________________________#__##__#
________________#########_#____#_#
________########____________##_#_#
_____##__##____________________#_#
____##_#___#_____________________#
____#_#___#_________________##___#
____#_#__##___________#######_____#
____#__#_#_________###________##__#
_____##_______###_#_____##_____#________#######
_______###_______#_____###______##____##__###__#
_________#______#________#___#__#____##_##___##_#
_________#______#_______#####___#___##_##____#__#
__________#_____##____##_______#____#__#_____#__#
___________##____##__________#######___#___##__#
_____________##____##_____###_____#_____###____#
__________#############_####______#_________#
_______##_______#______#____#_____#___________#
_____##_________#______#____#_____##_________#
___##___________#_______#___###__###________#
__#____________###_______###___##___#______#
_##__________##___#____##____________#___##
_#__________#______####______________#_##
##_________#_______ HI MY_____#
#__________#____ ___FRIEND__________#
_#_________#____HAVE A NICE DAY_____#
_##________#_____________________###
___##____##_____HUGGGZZZZ__##
_____#########_____^_^________####___#
___##_________###________#####_________#
__#_____#________##_#####__________#########
_#___###__##_______#_____________##__________##
_#__#_______##______#__________##______________##
_#__#_________##____#___##____#_____########__##
__#_#___________#____#_#_#___##___##________##___#
__##_#__________#___###___####___#____________#_#
___##__#________#___#________#__#_____________###
____##__##____##__#___________#__##_________##
______##__####__##______________#__##_____##""

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

I think I will vote for you:)

Deb Lacativa said...

Next time think about turning the Media off and spending time alone with your own thoughts. It's nice.

Deborah Boschert said...

I was beginning to feel bad about the state of the world, but now that I've seen the giant teddy bear created with underlines and number signs, I feel so much better.

gema said...

Hi J, nice read. I would vote for you too, if I could.
Now if you or any one of your readers would like Asylum here, I would be happy to oblige.
OR just go out to vote...
the right choice.