Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dinner

I believe the blurred pictures are less about me and more about the camera. I need a new camera. Anyway, my dinner. An onion sliced and carmelized in some oil, then I added leftover roasted butternut squash and a handful of raisins. On top of all this, I packed the skillet with kale which I washed and pulled off the stems. I pressed as much kale as possible into the skillet and then pressed a pot lid down on top. After a while I tossed it all. Covered again and let it steam some more. Salt and pepper. Soy sauce.

I'm in the "honeymoon" stage with my new job. Up at 6 am. Working 8 hours. Standing all day on cement floors. Not even close to being tired. Loving every minute. Up at 6 am! Wow. Maybe the weight I lost was all "so not a morning person" weight. LOL.

I AM having trouble remembering names, so tomorrow I am making a chart with little pictures (I draw) and then add names. I used to do this when I worked at the library. I would make a map of the library for all the new hires that I trained. And I would write a physical description of the staff member, where their desk was located, their responsibilities and, of course, their name. Made the new kids feel right at home. All part of the "showing disrespect for library staff".

I won't be having much to report here since I won't be writing about the job and because I am working 6 out of 7 days this week. And my son is coming to visit next Thursday. And I have to bake some cookies for G's lunchbox. I also volunteered to give a vegetable gardening "talk" to gain Master Gardener "volunteer points". Who is this new Joanne?

Kind of scary becoming a "new" person at 61. But fun, too. I feel like dancing. Happy. Feet.

2 comments:

gema said...

You go GIRL! I am so happy for you, but I could see it coming so it's no surprise....usually follows the self-doubt phase..LOL...
What a nice reward!

Don't tell me they said you were disrespecting staff because you tried to help?!?
Do you ever go back there? I know I wouldn't, Amazon would become my friend. I mean Amazon is really my BFF...LOL.

Happy dance again.

gema said...

Oh, also wanted to ask: Where will you give your Master Gardener's Talk? Do they provide you with a venue or is it all your responsibility to find people who are interested etc?

What do you do for lunch?

Still fasting here, have loads of energy and I do declare, the extra weight is indeed the "Soooo not a morning person" Or the 'Not before 10am please' weight we lug around.