Thursday, August 29, 2024

Summer's End. Thursday, August 29th. 61 degrees and 71% humidity. Sunshine.


 Working on Weeds.. Otherwise called Green Manure.

The Guys arrived and cut the grass.  Earlier than usual and the Boss was on the mower today.  Crabby. He's having employee troubles.  Some of them returned to college this week.

Chill in the air even with the Sun shining.  My new neighbor's are moved in- but certainly not unpacked. I remember those days with the every 3 years pack up and move with husband's job.  I believe I still have boxes in the attic from 30 years ago that never got opened.

Read a very very good book yesterday.. Love at First Book by Jenn McKinlay.  An American Librarian travels on a visa to Ireland to work in a book store and help a famous author edit her latest (and last) book.  It's a great story and well...if you like romance with "difficult men"--you might want to check this one out.

As it says in the jacket blurb- "she checks all the boxes for romance".

I haven't selected today's book as yet....I have four to choose from and a full, heavy, book bag to return to the Library tomorrow.   I watched some home for sale redecorating show yesterday... Weird and weird. I gave up and turned the tv off.

My Garden Employee has done a fantastic job on the one large bed...amazing.  I didn't count how many times she filled the gigantic wheelbarrow.....more than 4.  I can see weedless dirt.  I may leave it all this way or we may order compost to top up the depleted soil.  Let it over winter.  She says we can plant- still have a warm September and possibly warmish October....before Winter.  I am dragging my feet. I would have to get out of the house and actually Go...to shop.......decide....the get out of the house and the shop parts are the most difficult for me these days.....the closer we get to the one year anniversary- the slower I am.... to make decisions......in former years I would have stayed in bed all day.  I cannot get away with that this year.

Not depressed OR what I think it means but perhaps in other  ways- YES.....resistant to most anything suggested....the woman who cut my hair sent the landscaper over....she just did it...and once the woman was here- I went with it.  I would never have called if just given a number.

No comments: