Sunday, August 11, 2024

Summer Notes- Sunday, August 11th. Sunshine- 72 degrees, 71% humidity.


 I missed this..... I wasn't awake before Dawn.  

I forgot to cover the Annual Containers yesterday...they are fine... this morning.  I watched the new neighbors cut all the lower branches off my former neighbor's Yews.  Now I can see the second doorway on the porch side of the house..... I am hoping my former neighbor does not come driving down the street..and sees this....whoa.  She got frantic when her son tried to snip a few bits off the bottom edges.

She thought if she covered the second doorway- people would use the front door ...they never did.

I only have the one door on the front of my house... and every one comes and rings the doorbell.  My secondary exit door is on the back of the house.  I can also exit from the garage....

Read a Julie Garwood.... The Ideal Man    .one I had read long ago.... the gal's father was always looking for a "deal'' so the AC unit in the over the garage apartment was interesting comedic fodder.  The Sociopath was not.  Secondary exits did not help the main character.

I recall back in the day when I worked at the Library...a very friendly young woman none of us knew...stopped by to chat with us almost every day- well, one day after work one of my co-workers came home to find this chatty woman in her kitchen helping my co-worker's husband prepare a "surprise" dinner for my co-worker.  The husband had no idea what was going on......she might have already been in the house when he got home.

Yep......skin crawling terror..... we were all double checking the locks on our doors for months.

Pizza today as it is Sunday.....I watched the USA team win the soccer gold medal.  I skipped the stupid break dancing.  I did watch a Hallmark Movie about a Dream Something Or Other....Confusing but nice characters and a happy ending...also the train...I might like to take a long train ride someday. Possibly the Trans Canada one... my own little adventure.  With a suitcase full of books for when I got tired of chatting with strangers........ But not in the near future......I am not ready for Prime Time yet.

I started the day with my shower, the Sunday paper and Bran Flakes... fresh clothing.  It feels chilly in here which is fine with me...and is perhaps due to my having on a short sleeved shirt.  August. The couch and another FBI book calling my name.....till tomorrow...

No comments: