Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Summer Notes- Sunshine 65 degrees 80% humidity.


 Chamomile-Tea Print.  Rachel Emberton- Scotland.

I slept well last night- no AC unit rumbling in the window.  I had the other two windows open to very chilly night air.  Maine.....as it should be.  Finally.

I am reading a Julie Garwood FBI book.   An early one.  They get better as she goes along.  But not much better.  Hotshot.  It's slow going and not holding my interest which is why I stopped reading and actually cooked something.  Next thing you know...I'll be starching and ironing my clothing.  Which for the past few years has been wash, dry and wear.  

I was surprised by my hair this morning.  

Yes, my hair surprised me...it wasn't a huge cloud of white... I momentarily forgot I had gotten a hair cut. Life in the Senior Years is quite thrilling...  laughing.  I was also surprised by an envelope of cash one day last month.  From years ago......selling a hoop house.  Thank goodness there was a note in the envelope to explain the windfall. Otherwise I would be expecting surprise cash every morning.

I love the chill in the air.  Summer was gentle this year...not unpleasant and moist.  Yes, the AC units on 24/7 are expensive but we were comfortable 24/7.  And actually that was fine with me.  Money well spent. Now we march toward Winter again....and still haven't made the Generator Call.  My Son is as much a procrastinator as his mother.

If you got one wish granted......what would it be?  Tell me in the comments.


No comments: