Thursday, August 01, 2024

Summer Notes- Thursday August first. Sun.... 82 degrees 74% humidity.


 Blueberry Peach Cobbler.  Wonderful if I had made this...but it's just a gathered image.  I have Peaches in the freezer....but no berries.  My blueberry bushes gave up years ago.

On a Whim...I walked back over the lawn to the fenced garden..the fenced space is well over waist high in weeds.  No blueberries.  Might be grapes later in the month.  I could, now that my car is inspected etc....go into Town by myself and buy a pint of Maine Blueberries and make this cobbler....BUT...we have Birthday Cake. And tomorrow is grocery day so I will buy some berries.....tomorrow. And ice cream. lactate free. And make a blueberry peach cobbler....

My Neighbor woke me EARLY this morning- asking for an Allen Wrench..  I called to Son and he helped drag husband's rolling tool cart out to the porch and then we both went back to our assigned spaces (beds). The cart did, fortunately, have an Allen Wrench.   To disassemble the bed frame.  My neighbor's bedroom set is now going to someone's home.  

I have a waist high pile of weeds and cuttings just off the sidewalk going to the driveway.  I clip a bit here and there.....each time I go out to uncover the ornamental pots.  At some point the pile will have to be moved into the woods.  I don't think I will be able to do it.  I can imagine by summer's end- various piles of weeds and cuttings dotting the yard.....sigh. Perhaps in years to come- covering the house.  I never did get my Spring Clean Up from the Lawn Services Crew.  They even saw the pile this morning while cutting the grass....walked past.  This is the way it is.....here where I live.

But the house is perfect for growing old. The bathrooms are handicap safe.  One floor.  No steps.  No carpets.  I believe my grocery delivers groceries and prescriptions- thought I have only the one script.

Ah the jets are arriving for the Great Maine Airshow this weekend.  They fly right over my house since the end of the runway is adjacent to the swamp just over yonder.. The Blue Angels are supposed to be here...they fly very very low..... I did see the pilot's faces last time I went out to watch in the backyard. thank goodness we don't have a dog.........this time.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m glad that tomorrow is cobbler day. Wish we could have some together.