Monday, August 19, 2024

Summer Notes- Monday August 19th. Dark with Clouds this morning. 67 degrees with 97% humidity.


 Pompeii burning.  New evidence. NYT.  Haven't read any of it as yet.  

Dark, Dismal, Damp Day here in Maine.  What will the Tourists Do?????  I will be going out to lunch.

I need to turn on some house lights...very dark in here.  I was awake early, decided I wanted a shower- hadn't eaten breakfast so the blood sugar tanked.   I had to rest my wet self on the bed until things sorted themselves out.  Now, I am dressed, combed and hungry.  Bran Flakes.  Shredded Wheat.  ????

It might have rained overnight.  The netting over the Annual Containers was very wet.  The flowers still look amazing and daughter was puzzled by their good, healthy (tall) looks...I think?   I do recall forgetting to fertilize them when I planted them..... so they have been getting--or HAD been getting---Blue Water. The trick with Blue Water is to STOP.  Important Lesson. More is NOT Better.

At some point you have to let go and stop feeding them.....water every day is necessary....but it's an Annual so a short lifespan..... excessive fertilizer is not beneficial.

I finished my book about the very wealthy hotel/resort owner.  Moved on to Confessions Of a Forty Something  F**k Up written by Alexandra Potter..   Based in England so might be retitled the Posh and the Not so Posh. I've forgotten who she ends up with...the nude model/tennis coach or her landlord (she is sharing a house (Flat) and a large dog..... Next up is the Plus One...an AI engineer puts together some bits and pieces --creates a date for her sister's wedding. AI- Artificial Intelligence.  I think it gets quite sad at the end....so I might not go there....again.  I've read these two books before.

I am still not ready to ready the shape shifter human/wolf book.  I might give it as a gift to my friend at the Library Front Desk...she likes that sort of thing.  Or I might force myself to read it.  I really like the author. so...a small breakfast and then out to lunch- we have quite a bit to talk about.......a busy street...this summer.  


No comments: