Thursday, May 02, 2024

Thursday, May 2nd. Spring Notes- It's RAINING in Maine. And it's cold.....48 degrees


 We have a few of these in the warm months.  When I have the annuals in large containers on the sidewalks.  Talking about Hummingbirds.  And very fat, sleepy BEES.

It's cold here today- I have wool socks and a wool sweater and thermal under shirt on.

Discussion regarding the dining room tv.  Husband watched it.  So...we can let it go. Son thinks a nice piece of art where the tv is now would be very nice.....a better thing to look at each day.

I have cut back significantly on tv watching.  Now that I do NOT watch MSNBC.  Or any news. I don't even watch PBS News.  It's all very repetitive.  And I do read the newspaper each morning. And TRY to get more than 5 to 8 blocks filled on the Daily Sudoko.  I keep all the unfinished puzzles and give them a second third and even tenth chance.  Ever Optimistic.

Son has admonished me regarding the salad greens I purchased and have not eaten...It got cold and wet. Not exactly Big Salad Days.  Today with a wool sweater and wool socks- I doubt I will be having salad.

I woke up to pounding rain so...went back to sleep.  I recently had my breakfast oatmeal.  Just prior to noon.  I haven't actually regained my appetite.  I would like soup.....but I can't MAKE SOUP.  I do have a can of split pea soup in the pantry so I am most of the way to eating that later..... with some Cheese-its.

My recent dreams have been very very interesting.....almost like I could use them as a starting point to write something.  I am reading the Nantucket Brides series by Devereaux...backwards.  It happens.  I could actually start at the beginning.....I might.  Then read thru the four or five at the end...again.  I never mind reading a Devereaux again and again.  I'm well into Sea Captains....My Library got rid of all the cowboy series.  So they would have to be requested from other libraries.

What are you reading?????  My Coloring a Page Everyday is working out quite well. I glued a few uncolored pages from my husband's coloring books into the notebook.... mostly circles.  They get tedious.

But somedays I just don't want to make too many decisions. Or any.


No comments: