Friday, May 10, 2024

Spring Notes- Very chilly in the house and cloudy. 52 outside. 64 indoors.


 Bread. I ran out of bread a few days ago.  Still had pizza leftovers and bagels.  Worked around that with some salads.  Still wish I had made soup or grilled cheese.  I was put off by the 8 plus hour cook time in the crock pot.  I used to be good at that sort of timing but now.....I just am not.  By the time 8 hours has passed- not interested anymore.  I'm more of a 2 hour soup making person. 100% Vegetables.

Husband's Every Week Winter Chicken Soup took 4 hours.  The last winter he forgot he liked soup. Possibly didn't know what the word "soup" meant anymore. Things like that happened...overnight sometimes.  Was hard on my emotional health.

Neighbors are getting upset about "our" Landscaping Guy.  I am guessing this is the only thing they have to think about.  He shows up when he shows up.....once clean up  is done- he's on time for grass cutting. With all the branches and trees that came down this Winter- it's not that easy. I have four trees with ropes tied to the very tops..that need to be sawed off in chunks.  Then the stumps need grinding.

I am thinking of making a Frito Pie with my snack sized Fritos and some canned chili.  I have to check on the shredded cheese supply....then buy some.  Today is Library and Grocery Store.

Finished the book "The Art of Becoming Another Person Entirely" yesterday... in time to return it to library today.  All the words are correct ...author's last name is Arnold. 1960's.  It's sad at the end but well worth reading.  I saw quite a few mistakes in the book that I had made in the 60's. Real regrets. Would love a do over.

I need to take off the linen shirt I have on an find a nice sweater.  I was happy to put on the linen shirt as it buttoned all the way...that hasn't been the case in years.. I'd really be happy to downsize to one size smaller in pants.....and then just glide thru the remainder of my seventies.  Possibly it would work with a thermal shit- long sleeved- underneath the shirt????? worth a try.

No comments: