Sunday, May 05, 2024

Spring Notes- Sunday, May 5th. Formula One Racing at 4 pm


 Perhaps this image has been here- but....I didn't like any of the others.  Perhaps it's time to start creating my own and not use ones from the internet????  Since I can now download stuff.  Son fixed a bunch of stuff.  Not using the mouse is not fun.  Next mouse will have a cord..no batteries.  New stuff.

This morning I was looking at the newly ironed shirts hanging from the top rail of the four poster bed I sleep in.  Ironed.  Shirts.  Been awhile since that has occurred.  In this house.  But the ironing board didn't go weak in the knees and the spray starch was still good and the iron heated up. Back in the saddle.

But today is chilly and I have on a thermal shirt, wool socks and a sweater.  Winter Gear.  My hands are freezing cold.  Even my neck is cold.  Like it's Winter or something.  Winter with daffodils blooming.

So what's going on?  Bills are coming in for the Winter Snow Plowing.  The yard is littered with tree branches (in piles) segments of trees (in piles and trees without branches).....also the stump grinder is next or almost in-- the side yard "pond".  Will they come back to finish things up?  I don't have a clue.

I  need to change out my Desk Calendar....I am five days behind.  I still have April unfinished below the keyboard.   I have misplaced a few days- even a few weeks.  My mind has been drifting.... there are quite a few things I stopped thinking about while tending to a man who was forgetting who he was. Forgetting who I was.  Takes awhile to reorganize oneself.  Get back to actually being yourself. 

Not feeling survivors guilt.  It's a process.  And any process takes Time.  

Son ordered pizza...we ate some for lunch...still no oven.  I am considering going shopping and buying a new (larger) toaster oven and a hot plate of sorts so I can boil a saucepan of water.....I have a few cans of soup but next shopping trip I will get those Cup of Noodles things.  Put it on the list....my hot pot boils water for my tea and coffee....it can boil more for noodles in a cup.  

Life goes on...whether you like it or not.  With you or without you.

2 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

maybe the only reason for a new stove is to sell the house? The new induction heating thingies are all the rage these days. Of course then I suppose you'd need new pots & pans.

Joanne S said...

I am not ready to part with my house as yet....one floor living...a walk in low threshold shower...chair height toilets.
I planned well for growing old. I just forgot about the stove being as old as the house. the new cabinet door pills make the kitchen look brand new.