Sunday, October 29, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday October 29th. Chilly, Damp and Cloudy here in Maine. Feels like Sorrow.


 Pretty Spooky.  Handpies. Any other end of October I would consider making them.....Not this one. Where would I find eyes?????  and who actually will come to this house to trick or treat????

We are quiet here....the every three hour drugs even during the night 24/7.... make up our schedule.  The Hospice Visits....are a lovely change of pace. People. Talk...Conversation.  Nothing is how I expected it to be. It's so comforting..... like a warm hug...

I have many many things to do..eventually...sorting things and deciding what to keep and what to let go. I think I will let go of some things immediately and then let go of other things slowly. Some things have been ignored for years and YOU would THINK be easy to let go .....but that is not how its working....

Yesterday I wanted to actually cook but discovered my pantry is quite bare.....I have the basics of most cooking on the shopping list...onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, butter and a loaf of bread and I might add a small cabbage to the list... for my favorite soup.   I do have romaine in the crisper so could have salad but it's COLD.  In the house.  And the thermostat is 65.  So the cold is ME not the room. I had oatmeal for breakfast.

I think I will go find my sweater- the red one with the multiple elbow patches.....perhaps it will warm me up?  Thank you for reading here- I see the numbers of people visiting have gone up so much......I will try and write about how its going and let you all know that I am feeling okay ...really..I think after..It will be difficult.  But husband has been on this road for quite some time....so nothing is a shock.  Or a Surprise. But still........it will be difficult to get used to.




2 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

Nothing is a shock or surprise except the way your life changes after a partner dies.

I'm following, with interest, your revelations and how you are dealing with all this.

Kim Carney said...

Am thinking of you!!!