Sunday, October 01, 2023

Field Notes---It's October!!!! I'm doing that Swedish Cleaning Thing..... Will be a pile of bags out with the Tuesday Trash pickup this week.


 This would NOT BE useful right now...next to husband's bed- but since it's a king- he has a lot of space for his Word Search books, extra pants when the ones he is wearing get wet etc. to the left of him on the bed. 

I had a carpet like this once...and a cat that vomited.....never could get it clean.  Ever.

I just now finished emptying the room husband is in...I had pictures I never returned to walls after they were painted stored along a wall...I moved all of them to the "office" "sewing room" which I will tackle another day. Like Scarlett O'Hara.  He also had a monster box with a vibrating something or other for his "bad back"- used it once....now in a box going to Goodwill.  

It would be great if daughter would repack the box- she is excellent at that spacial stuff.  Then we could tape it shut. Put it in her car and she could drop it off at one of her many Goodwill visits. 

I moved a pile of painting from the room as well.  Found a small watercolor of a red apple. I had painted it a long time ago- in a different LIFE..  Husband wanted it on the wall where he can see it. So it's there.

I packed all the books I am returning to Library in a bag and will email my Lunch Buddy to see if she will return them for me.  I might also ask her to drop off my bills to the post office.....not put them in the street box....  I wish we could go to lunch but those days are over for now.

I got the Amplifier (as seen on tv) charged up so husband might be able to hear the TV later today???? I  tried several times to get the TiVo to FIX the volume control so I could raise the sound levels...It did nothing.  So disappointing as husband really wanted to watch TV yesterday.  Difficult to deny him that simple pleasure.  He no longer understands Football. He asks "what are they doing???"

He's reverted to his anorexic tendencies in food.  He has always been like this.  Now he says he isn't hungry.  Which is true- if you don't eat...you stop being hungry eventually. He had juice, yogurt and half a bagel yesterday--I sort of just handed it to him and said nothing......he drank and ate.  I am trying not to give him things he might choke on or inhale.  He had been eating tiny diced Chicken Parm and tiny diced pasta with cheese but now refuses to have any.  I don't even recall what I ate.  The day before I had a Prepared Meatloaf dinner and made coleslaw to eat with it.  Wasn't great but it was food.


1 comment:

DianeN said...

How are YOU feeling, Joanne? Have the breathing episodes resolved?