Thursday, February 04, 2021

Just Going- February 4th


 Random shot but it looks very textured and interesting.  The colors are fully saturated.  Part of a pile on the sewing table.  I was going to make Santa Potholders but the fabric images were too large- didn't make sense in potholder size.  I adore Santa's striped pajamas.  Would love a shirt like that. Perhaps I should paint stripes on one of my many white shirts????

Made the soup.  Both turned out to be delicious.  Mine...yummy.  Really so much better with a potato. I almost cleaned out the crisper drawer.  So, I have added vegetables to Monday's shopping list.  More big fat carrots from a local farmer.  I might even buy a leek.  And a turnip.  And if there are storage beets, some of those, to roast and eat warm with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and some fresh mozzarella. Local beets have this deep earthy flavor.  Dirt.

Beverly-- I can't express how much I would LOVE to have any of the regular readers of this blog--for a neighbor.  One of those "run over to her house for a coffee or whatever" friends.  I had that in that old long ago Florida house.  Where I made that beaded bell.  It was wonderful.  There was something like it in the first Chicago neighborhood.  Crafts and BBQ's and an Easter egg hunt.  And then we moved to Germany.

Here in Maine.  Once the Quilting Group broke up........nothing has replaced it.  Well, teaching gardening classes was a lovely experience.  But that ship has sailed for the time being. I think this year's classes will be on Zoom.  But not me.  DebL- I know what you mean.  Seeing the mail person put something in my mailbox is the most excitement and "new" we have here at my house. Even the News is getting stale.

My daughter has been ringing the doorbell and tossing me a bag of those little packets they put in packages to keep things dry.  The little packets are great to tuck into a box with seed packets for the garden. Keeps the seeds dry.  Which reminds me......I need to get some milk jugs prepped and sprinkled with marigold seeds I saved last year.  February is Winter Seed Starting time on the back deck.  I'll top the soil in the milk jugs with snow.  Soup yesterday.  Seeds today.  

What are you doing to keep the brain cells alive????? Share, please?

2 comments:

susan hemann said...

have rediscovered my love of archeology, fell down a rabbit hole, and found the Greek god Oceanus, working on replicating in fabric

beverly said...

Well my son and I got a puppy in October so she takes up quite a bit of time totally worth it. We grow vegetables and fruits for our local food pantries so have been busy planning our seed starting schedule. I am researching plant dyes and eco printing and reading blogs.