Saturday, February 20, 2021

Daily Daily- February 20th


 My water heating pot and my coffee- before cream is added.  Pieces of My Life.  

It snowed much of yesterday and I expected we would be out shoveling this morning.  Nope.  It all melted.  The asphalt drive is nice and clean and black.  There's a bit of an ice situation at the end of the driveway but the sun is shining and it will most likely reach into the mid 30's today.  Warm.

My letter to my little penpal was picked up 30 minutes ago by the postal truck.  We had been wondering when the mail was being delivered.  We had decided it was sometime during the night. And now they surprise us by arriving just before 12 noon.  Tricky.

I am reading book three of the Louise Penny series-  the Cruelest Month.  I ordered three more and pickup is later this afternoon.  If the library is open when I am ready to go.  Otherwise I will just return books and pickup on my usual Monday schedule.

I have enough ham, turkey and cheese for ONE more grilled sandwich.

I didn't plan correctly.  I have two days left.  I have enough bread and cheese and I have canned beans so I might revert to the "Classic Lunch" of baked beans and a grilled cheese (no meat).  Why not.  I was adding meat to the sandwich to make sure husband was getting enough protein.  I am not sure where I am getting protein- but then that has always been a problem.  I don't actually like eating meat and I will NOT eat tofu. I don't like eggs. I do like peanut butter. Canned tuna (infrequently).  I do like beans and lentils. I  LOVE vegetables and fruit. I realized last night when I went to bed- that I hadn't eaten anything since lunch (yogurt).  Why am I still FAT???

Reading the Cruelest Month by Louise Penny.  All the characters are having a really hard time being civil. Evil is Everywhere. And I had missed it in a past reading of this book- Beauvoir is married- a first wife. I know his second wife.  The rest of the story is vaguely familiar.  I always forget who the murderer is. Which is great.

2 comments:

DogStarArt said...

Hi Joanne,

I've been enjoying your blog for sometime now. (I think I found you through Jude's, Grace's or maybe Deb's blog)? So many wonderful and talented "kindred-spirited sisters" I wish I could meet in person! I have let my blog languish..

Some thoughts on getting protein. Like you, I LOVE fruits and veggies. I've been a vegan for over 30 years, always hated meat and dairy. For protein, I mostly eat beans, tofu, peanut butter, & almond milk, but add more alternatives when I get bored with routine. I don't know how well your stores are about vegan/veggie products, but have you tried seitan, Quorn, tempeh & Tofurky- these both from soy, but different texture, or some of the cheese/cream cheese and deli-meat alternatives? I live just outside of Indianapolis right now, and it's become so much easier to find a better selection. Forgive me if you have already tried all these items.

Betsy

Deb Lacativa said...

Have you changed the setting on the toaster? Maybe it's getting ready to croak?