Saturday, February 27, 2021

Daily I Got My Shot Day


 I made a big pot of chicken soup for husband yesterday in case- after our shots- we were feeling poorly- and he would have something to eat and wouldn't have to cook.... (seems self serving but I want him to have some comfort if he feels awful and hungry)

We got Pfizer.  Second dose in three weeks. Everyone was super nice. SUPER nice. We got there early and found parking right by the front entrance and then assumed we'd wait but they checked us right in.  We were back in the car at about the time we were supposed to arrive.  Most everyone was filling out paperwork that was supposed to be printed out at home-- so I didn't feel the least bit ashamed of not being able to print.  And the needle going in- didn't even feel it.

Husband strained out and tossed all the green stuff after the soup was ready to eat.  He likes broth, chicken, carrots and noodles.  Period.

Husband discovered footprints on the roof of the bedroom wing of the house.  I put on boots and went out to see for myself.  Yep.  Something had been up there.  No idea what.  Now it could have been something smaller that waddled around up there and then "flew" off.  When snow melts the prints get larger.

There was almost no traffic.  When I used to drive everyday to hospital to see husband before and after his triple by-pass surgery- so much traffic.  Bumper to bumper.  Today?  Like we were the only people alive. Like a horror movie of everyone gone- spooky.

It's Cold. Dark. Wet.  Outside.  A good day to wrap myself in my down blanket and read or watch shows on PBS.  Also a good day to just sit with eyes closed and be grateful for my vaccine.  So grateful.

3 comments:

Liz A said...

We got our second Pfizer vaccines on Thursday after three cancellations due to Texas weather ...

Paula, the quilter said...

I got my first Pfizer dose last week and the second is scheduled for mid March. Colorado is doing a good job of vaccinating.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

So glad you got your vaccine. I've been reading that people at the vaccine centers are so happy, both the ones giving the shots and the ones getting them.