Thursday, May 30, 2013

I'm Thinking Of A Bathroom Remodel Now

Not really.

Sigh.  Someday we'll do "something" to the master bath.  It's a mess.  The sinks in this picture are ridiculous.  I know.  A friend had something like this in her new bath and water bounced off the sink--all over her and the floor.  And, really, could I wash my sweaters in that sink????

G and I dragged lots and lots (him more than me) of wood chips from the huge wood chip pile in the woods over to the island surrounding the crab tree ( I had planned to take a picture but didn't).  It looks nice and we can actually notice that we have a lilac (in blossom) which also smells really nice. Wood chips bring out the best in a landscape. I know every where else has been finished with lilacs for a week or more.  Not here on the tundra where I live.  Next street over in all directions---warmer.

While dragging chips we got bitten by all sorts of flying insects.  Mosquitos.  Black flies.  Regular flies.
If it can fly and bite--it's here and full of our blood.

We took showers and went out to eat.  The hot summer day is cooling off nicely.  G may install the bedroom AC unit (in the sewing room) to keep the bedroom wing chilled.  I think it will be quieter having the machine in another room.  Not the bedroom like last summer.

Remember the new employee who had the exact same yogurt for lunch as I did on the first day we met?  We got on like old friends.  Tried to have the same lunch break.  She got offered $3 more an hour by a former employer and is leaving.  Next Wednesday will be our last lunch together.  One of the other newbies also left for a better job and more money last Sunday.  Started with four and now there are two.  Guess which two are still here????  Sigh.

We went to Home Depot to look at the Garden Center.  Things were dry and wilted.  But they had the vegetable stuff I wanted to treat my Citrus Trees with.  No bugs on them this summer.  I hope.  The Bayer stuff I put on the roses seems to be working.  They look perky.  We'll know if it works when the Japanese Beetles show up in July. I got two cans of OFF! to spray myself with next time.

Saturday I have to plant my potatoes, my pole beans and my corn.  Also my winter squash. ( I thought I would do all that today but the bugs beat me up)  My tomato plants are looking amazing.  Not so happy with the peppers.  And FINALLY my tiny escarole plants look like something I can transplant.  Still no beets.  12 carrots.  Not a rousing success story and the fennel transplants are still thin.  I have radishes.  All top and no bottoms.  Rhubarb is finally growing. Only been in the garden 15 years.  Why hurry?

How's your garden growing?



No comments: