Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love That Dog


It took awhile and lots of snaps on the new camera, but I finally got a picture of Riley's very expressive eyes.  What a sweetheart of a dog.  And me, not a dog lover.  Until I picked Riley.  And isn't he shiny?

We had a bit of light snow this morning.  Yesterday we ( G, Riley and I) sat out on the back deck sans coats to enjoy the sunshine and almost 50 degree weather.  Riley, being black, was flat out on the deck soaking in the heat from the sun.  He also had a good walk in the woods with G.

I made a few more beads last night.  Watched a few more episodes of "Life" on Netflix.  Dinner was house fried (by me) corn tortilla chips, layered with tons of cheese, baked, and served with big bowls of chunky salsa (by G). Nachos. A day late but a good Valentine's dinner just the same.  It got to be too late, so I didn't get to eat my avocado chocolate pudding (a lchf dessert).  I can only eat chocolate at lunchtime-otherwise I can't sleep at night.  I think chocolate has a bunch of caffeine.  Today I have a 6.5 pound pot roast going into the oven.  Served with a nice mushroom cream gravy.  Good stuff.

I have laundry to do, cooking to do, already had a shower and breakfast, so I have to find more stuff to do to fill the day.  It's only Saturday.  I woke up thinking it was Sunday.  More beads?  Stringing beads into a bracelet?  More writing.  Clothes folding.  Desk Straightening.  Bill paying.  An ordinary day. Which is nice.  Just a day.  Enjoy it.


1 comment:

Diane said...

I love the picture of Riley! He is a beautiful dog.

Wish I could come to one of your workshops on starting seeds. Working three part time jobs leaves little time for workshops in the area. Extension office here in Florida does offer programs but it is always during the days I work.

I love your art too! Thanks for sharing photos!