Thursday, February 28, 2013

Clivia In Bloom


Like a ray of sunshine at the end of February.  Do you think this last storm qualifies as March coming in like a Lion?  I'm ready for winter to be gone and done.  My new camera does I fine job--even when I have no idea what I am doing.  I have to figure out the macro setting.  It's the reason I upgraded.

I have all my Clivia plants (so many) downstairs this year along with all the citrus.  Everyone likes the change.  Warmer and they get watered.  But the upstairs has more light.  And I have so many Clivia because I divide so many plants for customers and they are so happy to give me one of the baby sized shoots.  For some reason the "gift" plants always flower.  The ones I bought--hardly ever.  I probably should divide my own this Spring when I return to work.

We could not find the elbows and small sections for the grow light stand.  G and I looked everywhere at least twice.  So G went out to buy replacements.  Which means we will find the missing parts in the next hour or so.  I spent hours looking for the origami papers I knew I had because I was packing a box for my son and he likes to fold paper.  Could not find the paper.  So, while looking for the elbows and small sections of PVC, I found the origami paper.  The box is already in CA.  I'm hoping I come across the Dataman toy we are also looking for.  My daughter saw it in a box.  Here.  In this house.  So, there is hope.

G and I watched four hours of this season's Top Chef last night.  The chef's this season didn't seem to be motivated.  As a group, they served food they hadn't tasted.  You only have one opportunity to win someone over when it comes to restaurant food.  I don't know many people who will say "the food was terrible last time, but let's go there again".  It is rather "exciting" to watch in HD though.  The Alaskan scenery from the helicopter was spectacular.  And I'm sure that was included as an advertisement for helicopter rides on your next vacation.  No free lunch, as they say.

I found a large stack of magazine cutouts and plenty of chair images.  Not so many vases with flowers. So I may be doing a few 12x12 chairs in the next little while.  I need to take some to the copy store and make them larger.  I think I want the chairs to spill outside the edges.

The snow from yesterday was big and wet.  Snow globe snow.  Like a fairy tale.  And, luckily for G, the snowblower could churn it up and spit it out. Otherwise, this heavy stuff is called Widow Maker Snow. The temps are above 32 so lots of water on the sidewalks.  Ice overnight and in the morning. Spring--come soon!!!!

No comments: