Monday, February 25, 2013

And It Snowed


From my husband's iPhone. He reversed the image. What is white is black.  He was out snow blowing this new snow for the third time.  It just kept coming down.  All day and all night.  The power flickered once during the evening but stayed on.  Quite surprised by that.  This snow is quite beautiful.  Layered on the tree branches like a fake snow scene in a movie.

I am reading a new Swedish thriller.  I don't like the way it was translated.  Makes for difficult reading. I know this is probably the way they speak in Swedish, but English sentences aren't written or spoken like that. I don't know if I will continue or not.  The plot is like a loose bag of rocks right now. It's title is "The Nightmare" and it's by a fictional author named "Lars Kepler".  It's a Swedish thing not to divulge your real name.  Tax liability????  I finished the Lisa Unger book.  Disappointing.

I've been doing laundry this morning.  G uses up a lot of clothing.  The entire dark wash is his.  Next up is a bit of cleaning.  Not too much. (smile)  I also need to think about cooking something as we are coming to the end of our soups.  G still has two days worth of cheesecake and he can make panini.  I  have peanut butter and Cuties.  The Cuties, right now, have a sharp spicy flavor which I like.  I think late February is the best time for citrus.  The red grapefruit is very good also.  And I bought organic popcorn.  I could make some of that.  For G.

Riley is getting a bath tomorrow and his nails cut.  A Dog Spa Day.  I think G just wants a day off from being the dog's best friend.  It does get to you.

I am thinking of looking at the fabric I have already painted (long ago) and seeing if I can use a piece to make a 12x12 with a vase and flowers.  Not having preset color choices to make things difficult. I also have pieces of painted fabric that friends have given me as gifts.  I can use them now that the challenges are over with. Everything doesn't have to be "mine".  I want to make something.  I can also make another paper bead bracelet as I now have larger crimping beads and can use the elastic cord.

I am also thinking of making my "box" project into a little house.  Papered with book pages.  I gave everyone who attends the Art Club evenings, a box.  From the Christmas ornaments we sold at work.  I hate throwing away good "art supplies" and had about a dozen of the little 3 inch by 6 inch boxes. I though it would be fun to see what the others made.  As I thought, a few are taking their time and others just made something quickly, to get it done.  I was working on the one broken box, as no one else wanted it.  But I may stop on that and use a whole box with a few parts off the broken box. Or make two.  Who cares?

I also have to pay the bills that are on the desk.  Too many.

No comments: