Saturday, February 09, 2013

After The Blizzard

The snow is very deep.  Yes, I was wrong.  It snowed.  G had to dig out the back deck so Riley could go out.  He went out.  Into the deep powder and floundered like he was drowning in water not snow.  Back in the house.  Not going back out.

G is trying to make his way from the garage to the street with the snowblower.  The wind is whipping the dry snow back into his face. The street is plowed as is the neighbor's (across from us) driveway. No cars.  No newspaper.  No mail today.  Feels like a Sunday.

I awoke several times last night.  The sound of the wind woke me.  We never got the heavy wet snow. The deep snow is good for the shrubs and gardens.  Rain on Tuesday and 44 degrees.

I'm going to find my book and a third cup of coffee --- after I finish the dining room table cleanup.
We're safe and warm.

No comments: