Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Where Has This Smile Gone?

This was me, happy, at 238 pounds give or take.  Huge Flax linen shirts and baggy 20 or 22W pants.  I thought I looked nice and was pleased to be wearing a belt at the waist.  I found this photo upstairs while watering the plants that remain up in the "new" art room and getting ready to do my Pilates.  The arm around me belongs to my son.  We might have just left the See's candy store out in California, full of free  candy samples.

I hardly ever smile like this anymore.  Isn't that a sad realization?

An email arrived with this comment:  " You may not be smiling as much but you are laughing. Note the many times you have added LOL to a post and made me laugh along with you!"  Right you are Marianne. I DO laugh quite a bit these days.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Joanne, are you serious that you don't smile? I can't imagine not smiling, I smile constantly and easily, even putting them in my comments.

That's a lovely pic of you, you look very pretty with that smile!

: )

"Give a smile and you'll get one back"

MariMo said...

I think you're not smiling because you're laughing so much. How often did you write LOL in your blogs - and made me laugh with you. Smile and the world will smile with you also goes for laughing!

Hugs
Mom