Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mouse In The House

Yes, Dear Readers, we had a mouse in the house!  I was in the bathroom and something caught my eye--a little movement.  Nothing.  Then it happened again and this time I saw it was a small grey mouse.  I screamed.  G came running and he and Riley tried to catch the little rodent.  No luck.  We lost him in my closet.

I suggested a hotel.

G suggested a mousetrap in the closet and another in the bathroom.  I was sent to gather cheese for the traps.  We placed the traps and I spent a long time (not sleeping) listening for a nice, final "snap".  Nothing.  This morning G checked the traps and found both empty. I was very tired.

I went to work (it was so cold today that I wore my shirt, sweatshirt and my rain jacket to stay warm) and hoped that Riley would find the mouse and shake it to death.  He didn't.

I have been expecting to see the mouse running around, everywhere, and have been postponing bedtime for that reason.  Shaking my clothing out, in case, the mouse was in them. Checking my shoes before slipping my feet inside.

It's 11 pm, G just walked by.  He had the trap and the mouse.  From my closet.  Goodbye mouse.  Good night. I think I will sleep like a rock.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Glad the mouse was trapped,and I thought of you working in the cold and rain. Quite a switch from last week's weather,huh? Stay warm and dry!

dee said...

Lucky you! I will have to call in the troops if I have this event in the future. Crossing my fingers.

It's the same here. 95 last week and 56 last night. Really screwed up. Hope it's not the norm for the whole summer. Days and days of rain and damp...ugh.

Diane N said...

Such commotion over a poor little mouse. My goodness.

It brought back a lot of memories. When I was a kid the woman next door was deathly afraid of mice and they were always having trouble with them. Their traps would be full and she would call me over, pay me a quarter and then I would dispose of the mouse and set another trap. It was a great way to earn extra pocket money until my father found where they were getting in and sealed it off. No more quarters. Sigh...

College Papers said...

Such a funny story !!! you must worried at that time and thought how can i get rid of this mouse.. after this incident you felt happy to thing about that incident happened..

Anonymous said...

Must be that mouse time of the year as dh and I both saw one slip into my office the other day..I set a trap and he was dead the next morning. Use peanut butter..put a bit in a 2 in. sq of paper towel..put it in place in the mousetrap and wrap a string around it tightly so they have to work at it. Set the trap to go. Works every time!
I love that sedum pic also !.. Enjoy seeing your artwork--wish I could be more artsy. I've got lots of watercolor paints, papers, pencils, inks.etc. and think I'm tiring of so much quilting but have so much in supplies in that dept. that I feel like I should keep using it up but it is probably more than I could use in years--at least at the pace I work. Love reading your blog !
Mary in VT