Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Think I Can

Day six of the new eating plan. Yesterday I worked two shifts and then was taken out to dinner. A recipe for disaster. I stared at the menu and couldn't find anything that met the calories I had to spend. In the end I opted for a large salad that included fried chicken, cheese and bacon. My self loathing at this point was so great I was tempted to eat candy when I got home. I didn't. And after my internet hunt for calorie content, my salad was only 200 over my limit--still okay. And today is a new day. A fresh food diary page.

I will try to limit the amount of blog time spent on the topic above as it isn't "art" or "quilting". I have been reading my Painters Keys letters with increasing interest in painting something. The picture above satisfied my craving for an "interesting painting subject" and I may use this "live" model and a limited palette later today. But first, I must stretch a canvas and prime it with gesso. And when dry, sand it and prime again. Why not buy them ready to go you ask? Because I don't live where Joann's or Michael's or anyone else sells ready to go canvas. We've got those stores. They just don't carry the things you can buy. The closest art supply closed it's doors for good in December. Now the nearest place is 30 miles south in Portland. That's where I got the frame, canvas and gesso.

I'm off to walk 2 miles and then shower and dress for work. G has Friday, Saturday and Sunday off and wants to "go someplace". I have to think of "where".

No comments: