Thursday, November 29, 2018

Daily Notes- November 29


I went on a little internet "trip" last week and found a site with gorgeous fabric for sale.  I didn't buy but I did click and move a few choice items to my photo file.  I'm thinking now, that it wasn't the fabric itself I was charmed by--It's these stacked "slices".  

And, now it has me thinking that all that fabric in the closet that doesn't "quite" do it for me--would--if cut into thin slices and sewed into a cloth.  Perhaps, at 72, I prefer a line of color and not so much the print itself.  It has me looking at the Magic Attic in a brand new way.

In my Learning to Dye with Plant Based Materials, I happened to make a piece of white cloth into a lovely, perfect, piece of yellowy green.  It magically blends and increases the beauty of whatever I sew it next to.  Do you think I can remember how I made it?  No.  I have a list of plants that make a green but didn't have nay of that.  So, I used something else.  That I found in my yard.

At this moment in Time,  I have tied a scrap of old lime green linen around some yellow onion skins and a stick and set it to steaming.  Not a big set up and certainly nothing toxic.  Just a saucepan.  Not sure I will get anything I wanted but it will be different from what it was.  And that's all we can manage some days, isn't it?

While shopping for bird seed yesterday a woman on a cell phone walked by and was very upset by "leftist Democrats screwing up Maine".  Let the Good Times Roll.

No comments: