Saturday, November 24, 2018

Daily Notes- November 24


Architectural Digest photo.

I think the room is great but I agree with the original poster--the Elephant Quilts are the BEST!! I like the fact that on one bed they are right side up and on the other--not.  And I am partial to elephants as some Readers may remember.  Fifth grade.  And appliqué which I absolutely adore doing.

Our daughter surprised us and arrived to EAT leftovers after a hard day selling candy on Friday.  In Freeport  (just down from the LLBean mothership which must have been a madhouse)  And imagine my shock to find this morning--the mysteriously missing acorn squash --still in the oven. Not being cooked--just being over looked. Now they adorn the compost pile.  Sorry. They weren't edible. The birds and squirrels might like them.

Daughter arrived with a few more jars of her layered dessert.  Welcomed happily by her father who --now that we are experiencing a "heatwave" of above zero temps--is putting lights on the porch wreaths.   He's doing this in the attic over the garage.  Yes, another attic.  Better to do the work there out of the wind.  And it's 3pm so full dark in one hour outside. Attic has lights.  I think.

I sewed a bunch of my washed and dried used tea bag papers to an approximately square piece of flat cotton batting.  There was some stitching by machine and then hand--with different weights of embroidery threads.  All in soft "used tea bag" colorways.  I had fun sewing on lots of beads from a box of bead soup (Deb) and then had fun removing them.

I REALLY need to have a design in mind before starting a project.  Like a "vision" or "roadmap" of where I am thinking about going.  I didn't and it showed.  No focus.  A mess.  But easy enough to to remove some things and then pin to the wall to re-consider.  Have thoughts.

And one of my cashmere (vintage) sweaters has developed new holes and will need some mending.  I, thoughtfully, tucked the donor sweater (the one I cut up) and thread in the sweater drawer.  But I do have to remove one of the underarm patches--so I can sew on a new, larger patch as two new holes have happened--just next to the patch.  The third new hole is about two inches above the bottom edge of the front of the sweater.  Going to be noticeable.  So have to be neat and clever with my shape cutting.

No comments: