Sunday, November 18, 2018

Daily Notes- November 17


The Moon.  The Snow.  The Leafless Trees.  The Shadows of Night.  From Art Propelled.

Winter came early.  We shoveled the walks and the steps.  Emptied the last pots of the outdoor annuals into the compost pile.  Cut back some of the perennials that we hadn't gotten to before the freeze and the rain and then the snow.  Found room in the garage for the snowblower.

G finished up the last of the chicken soup tonight.  I have to shop so I can make more.  I watched two excellent new Hallmark movies and one repeat from last year.  Riley asked to go outside--so he could roll in the snow.  Again and again.

It's quiet here.  I seem to feel tired almost as soon as I get out of bed in the morning. I think the stress of the company visits, the neighbor's broken arm, the elections, the re-counts, the California fires.......it's all taken energy.  Emotional energy.

I don't know what I need.  But I will start with sleep.

1 comment:

DianeN said...

So many people I talk to say they are tired, exhausted, and they don't know exactly why. I think your verdict is right. Take time for yourself. Do things you love. Rest well.